Thin PHP Framework (TPF)
Thin PHP Framework is a lightweight, flexible open source PHP5 MVC framework. It aims to be a fast, simple and highly extensible framework. It is designed to allow RAD (Rapid Application Development), help you jump start your project, start coding your ideas in minutes with minimal learning curve.
Thin PHP Framework is suitable for web developers who want a robust framework to start their projects but don't want too many dependencies. Source code is available to download, it's easy to read and extend.
Thin PHP Framework is small (less than 50KB zipped), has fewer classes than other frameworks and library independent (excluded core view lib - Smarty). It incorporates a lot of useful features and best practices to help you in the process of web development.
- MVC (Model-View-Controller), OOP
- RAD: download, unzip and start coding your ideas
- URL routing to the controllers
- Multi languages, i18n support
- Log messages
- Extension (plugin) system
- Auto generate code (DB tables to VO (value object) classes)
- Code is optimized: cache URI routes, minify js, css files, etc.
- OAuth signin using: Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Data-access layer: PDO (Mysql, SQLite...)
- View layer (Template engine): Smarty (optional)
- Caching: APC, Memcache
- Apache, nginx
- Easy to apply the framework to most Website Templates
- Validate instantly (ajax), both client side and server side
- Sanitize input data
- Anti flooding
- Minify, compress and cache js, css files
- Prevent form resubmission, remote Post... with form token
- Switch different views for: themes, languages...
- Built-in extensions: authentication, captcha, twitter, editor, wiki, code highlighter
- Authentication extension supports OAuth signin using: Google, Facebook, Twitter...
- Google Analytics helpers, to track events, auto track ajax links, outbound links
- FrameworkDemos.com lets you try out some popular mobile frameworks